We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Acceptance on the programme will be subject to the following checks:
- Relevant qualifications
- Right to work and study in the UK
- UK enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- World-wide DBS checks (certificates of good conduct)
- Childcare disqualification and disqualification by association declaration (where applicable)
- An online search for all shortlisted candidates. This is in-line with statutory guidance issued by the Department for Education: Keeping children safe in education (p. 54)
Successful applicants will only be able to commence their training when clearance from all the above checks has been obtained. We will inform you of the relevant documents you will need to provide after you are offered an interview.
All applicants will undergo rigorous and extensive checks to ensure compliance with the Department for Education’s
keeping children safe in education legislation.