Join a profession where your expertise is in demand! There is a national shortage of modern foreign language teachers – which is why the Department for Education asked us to set up our course. The career opportunities are endless.
Our network of both state and independent schools provide contrasting placements during the course, ensuring your career choices are even wider than a traditional teacher training course. Many of our trainees gain jobs in their placement schools and we provide you with tailored support when applying for your first teaching job.
On our course you gain a range of qualifications and experience that set you up to teach in the UK or beyond:
- Nationally and internationally recognised qualifications.
- A PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education).
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
- Credits towards a Master’s Degree (60 credits at level 7).
- Tremendous opportunities to train in a wider range of contexts.
Lissa Cook was a BBC trained journalist and radio editor in Derbyshire. She gave it up to train with us and is now a foreign language teacher in Cheshire. Inspired by working with young people on a radio production and presenting course, she signed up for the NML SCITT and described the experience, including her placement at Hope Valley College as ‘incredible’.