Get into teaching – Modern Languages – Taster Session Oundle Hub
16th November @ 9:30 am - 2:45 pm
We are looking for people to inspire the next generation of language learners.
If you think you could be a language teacher who can inspire, support and guide young people, this could be the route into teaching for you.
Please join us for information, advice and to answer your questions about a career in language teaching in the secondary phase, with the National Modern Languages SCITT on:
Tuesday 16th November 2021
• You may wear a mask if you wish, but this is not compulsory. You do not need to do a lateral flow test*.
The agenda for the day is as follows:
09.00 Arrive at Adamson Centre
09.10 Meeting with Sara Davidson (Director of SCITTs) and Geraldine Skinner (Oundle Hub Leader) about the course and tour of MFL building
09.50 Observation of one of the following:
• Year 10 French, Spanish, German or Chinese
• Year 13 Russian
10.40 Breaktime and an opportunity to meet members of Language Department staff
11.10 Observation of one of the following:
• Year 9 French, Spanish, German, Chinese or Arabic
You will have an opportunity to get involved in the lesson: the teacher will give you a small, simple task to do so that you get a chance to interact with pupils in the lesson.
12pm Tour of school
1pm Lunch with Sara, Geraldine and current SCITT trainees
2pm Taster Day ends
• Make sure your visitor badge is visible at all times
• Use only toilets marked ‘Staff’
• You should not be on your own at any time
• There should be no reason to take photographs of pupils
We look forward to meeting you.
*this may be subject to change depending on Government, and local health authority, guidelines at the time.